Wednesday, June 08, 2005

In the begining

Let me start by introducing myself.
I am Elgynunan, or Edge for short. Yes it is a funny name, but better than my cousin. Everyone called him Pongo so often that even family needed to take a quick glance at his birth certificate just to refresh their memories of his real name. Which, if you are still with me was Edghar Allyn Dorian Manfred the third.
But I digress.

There has been for a long time what I call the secret war between the vampires and their unfortunate victims. These poor souls have been turned into vampires by the sheer stupidity of other vampires.

Let me explain a bit, now everyone knows that when a vampire drains your blood you become a vampire as well. This is not 100% true, but it will do for the moment.
The true turning is when you the victim drink the blood of the vampire who made you.
So what is this war I am going on about?

Many years ago, ok ok, centuries ago there was a young man who found himself the victim of a group vampire attack. Several vampires seduced him, (No! Not in THAT way) they were able to get him alone where they drained him of his life sustaining fluid. Once satisfied they left him where they had feasted. A priest from a nearby church found him early in morning.
Seeing that he was quite pale (you would be too if you had no blood) the priest kept the young man in the spare room in the basement of the church.

Now you must remember that back the old days there were no doctors that you could call or hospitals near by. You simply lived or died depending on how knowledgeable the people around were.
Unfortunately the priest was busy and pretty much forgot about the man in the basement. This lead to the poor young man awakening in a dark silent place.
Not a good thing on the mind you know, don’t believe me? Try it out.

So finally the priest remembers the young man he found and left in the basement.
Bringing down some water and bread he found the young man seemingly recovered but huddled in a corner whimpering.
It was then that the priest realised that this young man was not as he seemed to be. His body was cold yet he showed no signs of weakness. The poor priest learned this when the young man suddenly sprang at him and lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the wall.
“Why have you done this to me!” demanded the young man.
“What have I done?” replied the priest.
“Why have you kidnapped me? How long have I been your prisoner?”
“Put me down and I’ll tell you what I know”

Letting go of the priest the young man sat back on the cot and listened with disbelief at what the priest told him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home