Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The first meeting

I have to state that the idea of living forever is totally over dramatised.
Not only is it a fantasy but it is also a very disagreeable situation to be in.

Vampires do have “long lives”, but not pleasurable ones. In fact many choose to “die” after being a vampire for 60 years. (This means 60 years AFTER becoming a vampire; not counting the 30 odd years you may have lived as a mortal)
The tales of 200-year-old vampires is mostly myth, yes I said mostly. Few have the mental strength to handle it.

Let us not be fooled by the movies where you get a disco filled with vampires dancing and drinking, all looking sexy and buff.
Many in fact look like you and me, less than flawless skin, flabby or way too skinny, bad hair days.

As I told you previously the priest was telling the young man the story.

“This is not possible,” the young man said when the priest finished. “This is a holy place, and we know that vampires cannot cross sacred ground”

Nodding his head the priest replied, “That is true, but you have yet to be turned or drunk the blood of your first victim.”

“But I am cursed, I can feel it,” as the young man spoke he felt himself, “I no longer can feel my heart beat, I can see you clearly in this dim candle light as if we were out in the noon day sun.”

“Again true, but if you remember we were all born with original sin but we can still receive the sacraments, touch holy water, sing praise to God.”

“So what am I?” asked the young man as he got on his in front of the priest, “Am I to go to hell or forever walk this earth never to see heaven?”

“My son,” the priest bent over to bring the young man to his feet.

Suddenly it seemed as if time slowed, the sound of a beating heart filled the ears of the young man. The scent of flesh, its warmth filled his senses. An urge he could not explain filled his being, he grabbed the priest with strength that he never knew he had.
One bite is all he needed to quench this desire that held him in its grasp.
Revulsion of what he was about to do turned his stomach, and yet the desire for the blood that flowed through the priest’s body was exquisite.
Just as he was about to take a bite a stronger hand stopped him. A voice he had not heard before spoke.

“Stop! Take control of yourself, let not the urge control you.”

The young man let go of the priest and tried to turn to face this other person.
The hand of the stranger held his fast. He could not turn no matter how hard he tried.

“Listen to me, hear my voice, the urge is subsiding, you will feel weak”

The voice some how took control of the young man. Like a spell had been cast the urge died as suddenly as it began. A trembling filled his body. The young man found himself sitting on the floor. The priest was standing next to another figure.
This figure was simply standing and watching him. The priest adjusted his robes, then turned to the stranger.

“I was wondering when you would turn up.” The priest said the stranger.

“Pushing the limits of your faith again father, you are not as young as you think you are.”

“The day I no longer can face a newling is the day when…”

“That day was near father, you left him too long. I sensed a newling but you did not mention it so I thought I was mistaken.”

Puzzled the young man spoke, “Who are you? Where did you come from I saw no one in this room!”

“It is time you left us Barre, I’ll take over” the stranger said as he ushered the priest to the door. Turning to the young man, “Look at me, see me..”

“My god! You……you are a vampire!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home