Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dinner

Interesting thing I was bored, so I popped out to the local store to buy some ginger.
Why Ginger? Because my mother likes it and to this day I still cannot understand why? Ok for those of you reading this, those who like Chinese cooking then maybe you can tell me.
Factoid: Vampires can eat ginger, sure it makes the blood thin but it is a personal taste.

Anyway when we left off the young man (whose name you will lean in a few lines from now) had discovered that the stranger (whose name you will also discover in a few lines from now) was a vampire.

“Who are you?” the young man asked the stranger, trying to get as much distance between himself and this real vampire.

Laughing, the stranger suddenly appeared next to the young man, in fact it was merely moving faster than the eye could follow.
“My name is Reginald” as he extended his hand to the young man, “and what is your name?”

“I, uh...my name?” the young man stammered.

Looking around, “Well you are the only other person in this room, and I have already told you mine.”
“Oh come on now, what can you be afraid of? Getting bitten?” This made Reginald laugh again. Taking the young man’s hand in his Reginald pumped it a few times, “Nice to meet you….” In a softer voice, “This is where you fill in the blank”

“Ivor Follendoon”

“Ah, well now Mr. Follendoon, I welcome you to our little home”

“Hh..home?”

“Yes home,” waving his hand around Reginald got up and walked over to the door, “come with me I’ll give you the official tour and make introductions on the way.”

Ivor could not believe it, here was a real life vampire talking to him and it was acting like he was the guest at a friend’s house.

“Come on Ivor, we may be immortal but we do not waste time”

Getting up Ivor quickly followed the fading candle light out the door and down the corridor.

“We are currently several floors below the church.” Said Reginald as he walked ahead of Ivor. “Much of it is unused but that is just fine for us.”

“I don’t understand, you said our home, and now you say us. You mean to tell me there are more of you here? Living in a church?”

“Yes Ivor, there are more of us, and mind you when I say us I include you. As to this being a church, it is a fully active and very holy place.”
Stopping at a door, Reginald knocked twice, waited then entered.
“This is the dining hall…” turning to face Ivor, Reginald again burst into laughter, “Oh haha oh my oh dear, if you could only see your face, I do forget that you still cling to the age old ideas and myths”

“Is this the newling father Barre spoke of?”
Turning quickly that he almost lost his balance Ivor saw another person by the side smoking, taking a closer look he saw it was a woman.

“Yes Anna, this is Ivor Follendoon” walking over to Anna he took out his own pipe and lit it. “Come Ivor, let not be rude”

Anna held out her hand, gingerly Ivor took it and pressed his lips to the gloved hand.
“Uh..nice to meet you” stammered Ivor.

“Smoke?” asked Anna offering Ivor a cigarette.

“No, I don’t.”

“You should try it, it’s not like they can kill you” Reginald said winking at Anna.

At that moment the door at the other end of the room open and dinner was brought in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home