Sunday, July 03, 2005

After the dinner

Hi all, how has your week or so been?
So what juicy titbit have I got for you? Well here is one mystery solved.
You can photograph a vampire, and they do cast reflections.
I can almost hear the cries of disbelief and horror.

Trust me I know, so how can this be?
I do not have the scientific explanation as when you deal with the higher powers like miracles and demons you have to except that some things a fact.
Why do vampires not have mirrors or lots of cracked ones? Simple, they cannot stand to see what they have become reflected. The powers that be made sure that what they saw were their true selves.
So they use their hypnotic ability to convince you that what you see is nothing or a handsome face.
This is partially why they come out at night where it is easier to hide their faces.

I’ll tell you more sometime later, back to our story…

The dinner was a thick broth, vegetables and bread. (hey that was what they ate in those days, there was no fast food or Chinese takeout)
Aside from Anna, Reginald and Ivor; they were joined by Austus in a wheeled chair, Father Barre and Brother Nicholas.

“Father this is, Ivor Follendoon” Reginald pointed to Ivor.

“Ah, have you had time to talk to him about his new situation?” replied Barre.

“Not yet, I thought after dinner, nothing like talking to a man on a full belly.”

“I..” stammered Ivor, “I do not understand…”

Austus spoke for the first time, his voice was soft but it seemed to carry across the table effortlessly, “Why vampires are having dinner with priest and a monk?”
Ivor just blinked in reply, “Well to cut things short, we are not bad vampires, we have not the curse, we like you have been made vampires without consent. Thus the good Lord has seen it that we are allowed certain liberties.”

“You are a…” Ivor began but Austus cut him off.

“First off, my name is Austus, secondly I am a vampire.” With that Austus signalled that he was hungry and wanted to say grace before the food got cold.

Dinner was disconcerting for Ivor as the group talked and generally acted like nothing was wrong.
Once it was over Reginald took Ivor outside, it was the first time he had been outside in three days. The night seemed more alive, the sounds, the smells, it was almost like experiencing it for the first time.

“Like nothing you have ever known.” Said Reginald not looking at Ivor but more like reading his mind.

“Yes it is.”

“There is a lot I have to tell you, much you will not believe. But first I have to ask you, do you want to live?”

This question surprised Ivor, “Of course I do!” he replied without thinking.

“Even with the knowledge that you are a vampire now?” Reginald asked again.

“Oh, yes I forgot. I don’t know, everything that is right and wrong has been turned around. I can hardly believe what I have seen, vampires in a church, having dinner, talking about each other’s day!”

“First things first, this is NOT a normal situation, you have to understand that. What we are is something that few know about. For simplicity let me tell you that we are sometimes known as Dark Bloods. We have vowed to fight the evil that made us and bring it to an end if possible.
We are for lack of a better description the good guys. With the grace of God we have become his champions in the fight against the evil that was perpetrated by the forces of darkness.”

“How can you say that? How can you expect me to believe that God would condone this perversion!”

“That is something we will discuss later, just know that our souls have not been condemned to the fires of hell. Now back to my question, do you want to live?”

“Live? What do you mean? Sleep in a coffin by day, come out at night and drink blood? If that is life then, NO!”

Hearing this Reginald laughed, “I see you have been schooled in those myths.”
Lighting his pipe and taking a few puffs letting the smoke escape slowly.
“We do not sleep in coffins, that is a carry over from the idea that the dead rise from their grave.” Pointing to the back of the church, “We have rooms back there on the same level as the dining hall. I’ll show you your room later.”

“Then tell me now, what do you mean by live?”

“Simply, take on the life as a vampire or end it now. Your soul will not be judged on your being a vampire, just how you have lived your life and been true to your Lord. If you choose to join us you will be taught many things. You will become like us, a Dark Blood.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home